Silver Jewelry Online

Silver Types Used In Jewelry That You Might Not Be Aware Of


If you’re looking to get into collecting Silver Jewelry Online, you may have heard about different types of silver. It’s important that you know the basics before you start buying your first set. In this article, we’ll go over the main types of silver used in jewellery and how each one is different from the others.

Sterling Silver

Sterling silver is an alloy of 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper or nickel. It has been used for making jewellery since the Roman Empire, when it was considered a precious metal and only used by the wealthy. You must know types of silver if you purchase Silver Jewelry Online more often.

Sterling silver is still considered to be a precious metal today, but unlike purer metals like gold and platinum, it is relatively affordable due to its higher proportion of base metals (copper or nickel). This makes sterling silver perfect for people who want to wear pieces that reflect their wealth without breaking the bank in terms of cost!

925 Sterling Silver

Sterling silver is a precious metal that has been used in jewellery for centuries. It is 92.5% pure silver, which makes it an excellent choice for any type of jewellery. The remaining 7.5% consists of other metals such as copper or nickel, which help increase the durability and strength of sterling silver without reducing its value too much.

Nowadays, 925 sterling silver is the most popular form of this precious metal because it contains less copper than 800 grade components (a lower quality). This means your piece will last longer and won’t tarnish as quickly when exposed to air or moisture over time!

Silver Jewelry Online

Argentium Silver

Argentium Silver is a silver alloy with more than 50% of the metal being pure silver. Its composition is 92.5% silver, 6% copper and 2.5% germanium.

Argentium Silver is not as strong as Sterling Silver and is less malleable, but it has a higher tarnish resistance and will last longer than traditional sterling Silver Jewelry Online pieces. It can be used to make all types of jewellery from necklaces and earrings to bangles, rings and pendants!

German Silver

German silver is a type of alloy that was first produced in Germany in the late 19th century. It is made by adding copper to sterling silver, and it has a bright white colour and high strength.

German silver is used for jewellery all over the world, and it is often mistaken for or confused with nickel silver.

However, this confusion is unnecessary because they are two different types of metal: one pure silver and one containing nickel.

A jeweller can tell you which you have based on how much more durable it is than sterling silver; if your piece scratches easily or bends easily, then you have German Silver!

When shopping for earrings or necklaces made out of this material, look out for markings on their descriptions such as “AG” (silver) or “ALG” (gold). This will help ensure that you receive exactly what you paid for!

We hope that we have helped you understand the different types of silver and why they are used in jewellery. From sterling silver to German Silver, each type has its own characteristics that make it unique.

To Top